What is the Open Education Platform?
The Creative Commons Open Education Platform is a space for open education advocates and practitioners to identify, plan and coordinate multi-national open education content, practices and policy activities to foster better sharing of knowledge.
This platform is open to all interested people working in open education. We work in a transparent, professional, ethical and public manner on the following goals:
1. Build and Sustain Community
2. Increase Educational Access and Equity
3. Use Policy to Open Education Opportunities for All
See the Platform working document to learn more about our mission, vision, and principles.
Who are We?
We are a group of over 1100+ members from 90+ countries. Most of our members are open education advocates working in open education: resources, practices, and/or policy. Anyone interested in open education is welcome to join the CC Open Education Platform.
- Goal-driven open education activities
- Sharing opportunities and updates via our email listserv and Slack channel.
- Learning opportunities: join the Open Education Lightning Talks. See examples of previous sessions here and here.
- Networking opportunities in our platform meetings: calendar (download zip file).
- Stay connected to global actions in open education resources, practice, and policy.
- Identify, plan and coordinate multi-national open education content, practices and policy projects to collaboratively solve education challenges with an amazing group of open education leaders from around the world.
- Contribute to global perspectives on open education to strengthen advocacy worldwide.
- Connect your country / region to global open education initiatives.
- Be on the forefront in implementing Creative Commons’ global network strategy.
- Meet at the Creative Commons Summit with members of the CC Open Education Platform to celebrate successes, share best practices, and plan for the next year.
- Explore, practice, and share innovative methods for inclusive and open engagement with educators, learners and governments around the world.
- email list: email@example.com
- If you have trouble joining the list, please contact jennryn at creativecommons dot org (and she will add you)
- Slack: sign up: (it will send an invitation email), then sign up to the #cc-openedu channel
- CC Open Education Platform Calendar