What is the Open Education Platform?
The Creative Commons Open Education Platform is a space for open education advocates and practitioners to identify, plan and coordinate multi-national open education content, practices and policy activities.
This platform is open to all interested people working in open education. We work in a transparent, professional, ethical and public manner on the following goals:
1. Build and Sustain Community
2. Increase Educational Access and Equity
3. Use Policy to Open Education Opportunities for All
See the Platform working document to learn more about our mission, vision, and principles.
Who are We?
We are a group of over 1100+ members from 79 countries (as of September 30, 2020). Most of our members are open education advocates working in open education: resources, practices, and/or policy. Anyone interested in open education is welcome to join the CC Open Education Platform.
- Funded, goal-driven open education activities (details below).
- Sharing opportunities and updates via our email listserv and Slack channel.
- Stay connected to global actions in open education resources, practice, and policy.
- Identify, plan and coordinate multi-national open education content, practices and policy projects to collaboratively solve education challenges with an amazing group of open education leaders from around the world.
- Secure funding (from Creative Commons and other funding sources) for the open education projects we collectively select.
- Contribute to global perspectives on open education to strengthen advocacy worldwide.
- Connect your country / region to global open education initiatives.
- Be on the forefront in implementing Creative Commons’ global network strategy.
- Meet annually, in-person, at the Creative Commons Summit with members of the CC Open Education Platform to celebrate successes, share best practices, and plan for the next year.
- Explore, practice, and share innovative methods for inclusive and open engagement with educators, learners and governments around the world.
- email list: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/cc-openedu
- Slack: sign up: (it will send an invitation email), then sign up to the #cc-openedu channel
Creative Commons is investing in the CC Network Platforms. Each Platform has funding to work on activities that support the platforms’ goals.
The CC Open Education Platform Activities Fund is no longer receiving applications for 2020.
In 2020, we have USD $20,000 to fund 3-6 open education platform activities. Activity proposals requested between US$500 and US$5,000.
In order to apply for funding from the CC Open Education Activities Fund, applicants needed to be a platform member and meet other criteria. See the “Eligibility” section on the Activity Proposal Form. And view the Application form questions here.
The Activities Fund is designed to make funding available to members’ run activities aligned with the CC Open Education Platform Goals. Applications are evaluated by a Decision Committee composed of platform members. See the Activities Timeline for more information.
Decision Committee for 2020 Funds
- Rachel Wexelbaum
- Paul West
- Shanna Hollich
- Neil Butcher
- Jonathan Poritz
- Cindy Domaika
- Mohammed Galib Hasan
- Paola Corti
- Geoff Cain
- John Okewole
- Cable Green
- Jennryn Wetzler
Activity fund recipients are required to complete a report at the end of the activity. The results from the activities will be shared with all platform members, the CC Global Network, and in wider Creative Commons communications.